- The Air Defense is a powerful Defensive Building with a very high damage-per-second, capable of defending against flying units.
- Air Defenses can only target and shoot one air troop at a time.
- It cannot harm ground-based units, or interfere with them in any way other than potentially distracting them from attacking a more valuable target (e.g. the Town Hall).
- The Air Defense is unlocked at Town Hall Level 4.
Category: Clash of Clans
Posts about Clash of Clans
- Mortars are the player’s heavy defenses. Whenever an enemy comes into range, it blasts out an explosive shell with a low frequency “ping”.
- Mortars shoot long-range explosive shells every 5 seconds which deal devastating splash damage to every unit within a small radius of the impact point. Their splash damage, combined with their long range, make them deadly weapons against large groups of weaker enemies such as Barbarians, Archers, or Goblins.
- A Mortar’s major disadvantages are its inability to attack troops within 4 tiles, its low rate of fire and low DPS which makes them less effective against high-health troops.
- Due to the fact that the Mortar’s shell takes a while to reach its target (over a second at maximum range), fast troops like Goblins can easily dodge its attack if they are moving when the Mortar fires.
- Mortars cannot target air troops.
- Cannons are the first defensive structure that a player builds at the start of their Clash of Clans adventure.
- Cannons are both cheap and quick to upgrade at lower levels.
- Cannons can shoot any ground units, such as Barbarians, but not any air units, such as Dragons.
- Archer Towers are extremely versatile structures. They are able to target both Ground and Air Units, and they have excellent range. This versatility means that they should form the cornerstone of every player’s defense.