- A Clan Castle is needed for creating or joining a Clan. It houses troops which can either be placed as reinforcements during an attack, or used as defenders when the player’s base is under attack.
- Starting at level 4, you can request/donate one Dark Spell to your clan mates!
- Players begin the game with a ruined Clan Castle. While it is in ruins, it is surrounded by obstacles (plants and stones) and cannot be moved. Rebuilding a Clan Castle requires a Builder, but its reconstruction happens instantly. Once it is rebuilt, players are able to create a Clan or join an existing one. The Clan Castle can also be moved once it is rebuilt (you do not need to join a Clan first or remove any surrounding obstacles).
- Once players join a Clan, they have the ability to “Request Troops” once every 20 minutes (or faster if the clan has a “Troop Request Wait Time” perk or if they use Request now by using Gems). Also, players can add a message to tell other players what troops they would like. Other Clan members will see the request in the Clan Chat window and can donate a certain maximum number of troops to the Clan Castle (depending on the clan level). Players can use these reinforcements during battle, and they will also defend the base when the player is offline.
- Players receive experience points for each troop they donate. The number of experience points earned depends on the housing space of the troops donated; for example, donating 1 Archer earns 1 experience point whereas a Giant will earn 5 experience points and a Dragon 20 experience points. Players can normally donate a maximum of 5 troops per request, though up to 8 can be donated in a higher level Clan with the “Donation Limit” perk. Every housing unit of troops donated counts towards the “Friend in Need” achievement.
- Dark Spells can be donated to Clan Castles level 4 and above, and players receive 5 Experience for each Dark Spell they donate. Each Dark Spell donated will count to the Sharing is Caring achievement.
- The Clan Castle is home to the Treasury, which receives loot from the daily Star Bonus and Clan Wars. This replaces the previous War Loot storage space, and is not dependent on the actual level of the Clan Castle itself. Attackers can only steal a very small percentage (3%) of the loot stored within the Treasury.